One of the biggest features added in Auria 1.04 is support for iOS6′s multi-out support, which allows users to access more than two outputs at once with their USB/MFi audio interfaces. Now any Subgroup, Aux Send, and the Master Stereo bus can be assigned to specific hardware outputs. In order to support this we needed to add a brand new panel, the Output Matrix.
First, a run down of the various elements in the panel:
- Listed on the left-side, from top to bottom, are Auria’s Subgroups, Aux Sends, and Master Stereo bus.
- The currently attached audio interface’s physical outputs are listed along the top from left to right, from Output 1 up to Output 24; in this example we had a 12-output device connected.
- The MONO button sums the selected subgroup/aux to mono (subgroups and auxes are normally stereo).
- The INT button routes the selected subgroup/aux to the internal Master Stereo bus in addition to any other output assignments made.
- Specific output routing can be saved as a Preset using the drop-down box in the upper-left corner.
- RESET erases the current settings and resets the matrix back to default.
Let’s examine the example screenshot above to see some of the output routing possibilities in Auria 1.04:
- The first two subgroups, “Kick/Sn” and “Drs/Perc” have no output assignment except for INT, which means they are simply routed to the Master bus.
- The “Guitars” subgroup (Subgroup 3) is currently being summed to mono and routed to output 7, and is not routed to the Master bus.
- The “Vocals” and “bkgd” subgroups are each assigned to their own stereo pair of outputs, and again are not being routed to the Master.
- Both Aux sends are assigned to their own stereo pair.
- The Master Stereo bus is assigned to outputs 1 and 2.
We also updated Auria’s Input Matrix.
The two main changes here are:
- Elimination of the tabbed “groups” along the top (i.e. “1-8″, “9-16″, etc). Now all of the project’s tracks will appear in one view that can be simply scrolled up and down with the flick of a finger.
- Addition of the Preset drop-down, so users can save any often-used input routing for quick recall.